Eagles beat West Hills, lose to Chabot
The Laney College football team split two games in the past two weeks, defeating West Hills College 54-30 in Coalinga on Oct. 13, and then losing to rival Chabot College 37-36 in overtime on Oct. 19.
The Eagles (2-5, 1-1 in the Golden Gate Conference) play another GGC game when they travel to Merced on Saturday, Oct. 27. Game time is 1 p.m.
Against Chabot, Kyle Jackson (18 carries, 107 yards) scored on a 25-yard run to cut the Gladiators' lead to 37-36 in OT, but a two-point conversion pass fell incomplete in the end zone.
Quarterback Austin Kent threw three touchdown passes and Charles Cobbs one as Laney defeated West Hills. The Eagles recovered three fumbles and intercepted three passes against the Falcons.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Laney Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LANEY TOWER NEWS
RECENT LANEY TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!