Eagles beat West Hills, lose to Chabot
The Laney College football team split two games in the past two weeks, defeating West Hills College 54-30 in Coalinga on Oct. 13, and then losing to rival Chabot College 37-36 in overtime on Oct. 19.
The Eagles (2-5, 1-1 in the Golden Gate Conference) play another GGC game when they travel to Merced on Saturday, Oct. 27. Game time is 1 p.m.
Against Chabot, Kyle Jackson (18 carries, 107 yards) scored on a 25-yard run to cut the Gladiators' lead to 37-36 in OT, but a two-point conversion pass fell incomplete in the end zone.
Quarterback Austin Kent threw three touchdown passes and Charles Cobbs one as Laney defeated West Hills. The Eagles recovered three fumbles and intercepted three passes against the Falcons.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent Laney Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LANEY TOWER NEWS
RECENT LANEY TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...
- Share Your Love This Valentine's Day
- From Bratty to Bearable, Global Nanny Jo Frost Tackles...
- Fibromyalgia: The Disease Whose Exact Cause Remains Unknown
- Beware Scourge Pricing When Using Apps Like Uber