Whitney destroyed herself
The accusations towards Bobby Brown concerning the death of his former wife, Whitney Houston, are absurd.
Long before Bobby Brown entered Whitney's life, she was headed towards rock bottom. True, Brown marrying Houston may have enhanced her heavy drug use, poor record sales, and erratic behavior, but Houston never helped herself to make her situation better.
I use to hear people say, "When she leaves that Bobby Brown alone she will be fine."
Brown and Houston were officially divorced in 2007, so she had more than enough time to straighten out her life, and she failed.
On the other hand Bobby, has managed to pull himself from obscurity, cleaning up his act as he revives his music career, builds a new family, and most important, stays clean from drugs and alcohol.
For many years the fans knew what was going on in their estranged marriage, but to visualize what was happening when their reality show was aired was sad; it marked the end of the line for both their marriage and careers at that time.
For those of us who grew up adoring the way Whitney released beautiful lyrics, and stood in amazement watching Bobby dance, we felt as if we were watching family members destroy themselves, and were torn witnessing their erratic and ignorant behavior.
To watch Whitney's life end the way it did was the worst imaginable scenario for their family (especially Bobbi Christina) to deal with, but to blame Brown is ridiculous.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Laney Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LANEY TOWER NEWS
RECENT LANEY TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses