Republicans do the darndest things
The Republicans this election season may very well enter themselves as candidates for the Guiness Book of World Records under the category "Craziest Leader," given the way things have been playing out.
While the nation (and world) suffers a severe economic downturn, the men who would be President battle over the important issues of limiting birth-control, denying poor citizens healthcare, the "truth" that God controls our government and provoking war with Iran.
Day after day these three men tour the country trying to convince the world they have the answers to the nations' woes yet the only solutions they have to bring to the table—de-regulation, tax breaks for the wealthy, oil subsidies for their friends—are the very policies that put the world into a tailspin to begin with.
Just think, we have one presidential candidate who honestly believes open access to contraception leads to an increase in pregnancy, another who touts his Catholic version as evidence of his piety despite entering the relationship with the woman who "saved" him six years before divorcing his second wife and all three deny well-established science in every field.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Laney Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LANEY TOWER NEWS
RECENT LANEY TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership