Laney beats De Anza for first water polo victory
The Laney College women's water polo team won its first game of the season on Oct. 8, defeating De Anza College, 6-3, at the College of San Mateo Tournament.
Ilana Oliveros led the Eagles' effort with four goals with Diana Fenstermacher Richie and Brooke Taft each adding one.
"This (win) shows we are coming together as a team," water polo coach Sarah Stretch said. "Our standout player was Iliana—she not only was our top scorer, but she had a great game opening up plays, creating plays on offense and had good coverage on defense."
Jamie Weimer had two assists and Monica Dellamano had one.
Laney plays host to De Anza again on Oct. 19 at 3:30 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Laney Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LANEY TOWER NEWS
RECENT LANEY TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...