Laney beats De Anza for first water polo victory
The Laney College women's water polo team won its first game of the season on Oct. 8, defeating De Anza College, 6-3, at the College of San Mateo Tournament.
Ilana Oliveros led the Eagles' effort with four goals with Diana Fenstermacher Richie and Brooke Taft each adding one.
"This (win) shows we are coming together as a team," water polo coach Sarah Stretch said. "Our standout player was Iliana—she not only was our top scorer, but she had a great game opening up plays, creating plays on offense and had good coverage on defense."
Jamie Weimer had two assists and Monica Dellamano had one.
Laney plays host to De Anza again on Oct. 19 at 3:30 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Laney Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LANEY TOWER NEWS
RECENT LANEY TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care