Laney beats De Anza for first water polo victory
The Laney College women's water polo team won its first game of the season on Oct. 8, defeating De Anza College, 6-3, at the College of San Mateo Tournament.
Ilana Oliveros led the Eagles' effort with four goals with Diana Fenstermacher Richie and Brooke Taft each adding one.
"This (win) shows we are coming together as a team," water polo coach Sarah Stretch said. "Our standout player was Iliana—she not only was our top scorer, but she had a great game opening up plays, creating plays on offense and had good coverage on defense."
Jamie Weimer had two assists and Monica Dellamano had one.
Laney plays host to De Anza again on Oct. 19 at 3:30 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Laney Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LANEY TOWER NEWS
RECENT LANEY TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming