Laney beats De Anza for first water polo victory
The Laney College women's water polo team won its first game of the season on Oct. 8, defeating De Anza College, 6-3, at the College of San Mateo Tournament.
Ilana Oliveros led the Eagles' effort with four goals with Diana Fenstermacher Richie and Brooke Taft each adding one.
"This (win) shows we are coming together as a team," water polo coach Sarah Stretch said. "Our standout player was Iliana—she not only was our top scorer, but she had a great game opening up plays, creating plays on offense and had good coverage on defense."
Jamie Weimer had two assists and Monica Dellamano had one.
Laney plays host to De Anza again on Oct. 19 at 3:30 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Laney Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LANEY TOWER NEWS
RECENT LANEY TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!