Eagles defeat Reedley Tigers 37-7
Laney will face Sacramento in finale, Nov. 11
Laney Quarterback Charles Cobbs threw two touchdown passes and scored on a weaving 56-yard run to lead the host Eagles (4-5, 3-1) to a 37-7 victory over the Tigers (3-6, 2-2) on Friday, Nov. 2.
Cobbs threw a 4-yard scoring pass to Saro Niuatoa in the third quarter and then scrambled for another score with 6:15 remaining in the period on a run in which he broke at least four tackles on what started out as a simple pass play.
Running back Tony Parnell scored on a 4-yard run with 2:41 left in the third to increase the Laney lead to 37-7.
The Eagles grabbed a 16-7 halftime lead with two scores in the second quarter. Cobbs threw a 33-yard touchdown pass to Aaron George with 5:23 left in the period and Edgar Pulido capped the scoring with a 36-yard field goal with 1:12 left.
Laney took a 6-0 lead in the first quarter when quarterback Adam Robinson threw a 40-yard TD pass to Xavier Milton with 10:10 left.
The Eagles play their final game at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11, at Sacramento. The Eagles remain in competition for the conference title.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent Laney Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LANEY TOWER NEWS
RECENT LANEY TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Oleg Frish's Dream Comes True With New Duets Album
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Knowledge Gaps in Vaccination Against Meningococcal Disease
- Five Easy Steps to Own Holiday Shopping on a Budget
- CSUN Secular Student Alliance holds their first meeting
- Application Deadline Near for $100,000 Excellence in Innovation Award
- Voto Latino to Host Event on Climate Change Challenges & Opportunities