Eagles defeat Reedley Tigers 37-7
Laney will face Sacramento in finale, Nov. 11
Laney Quarterback Charles Cobbs threw two touchdown passes and scored on a weaving 56-yard run to lead the host Eagles (4-5, 3-1) to a 37-7 victory over the Tigers (3-6, 2-2) on Friday, Nov. 2.
Cobbs threw a 4-yard scoring pass to Saro Niuatoa in the third quarter and then scrambled for another score with 6:15 remaining in the period on a run in which he broke at least four tackles on what started out as a simple pass play.
Running back Tony Parnell scored on a 4-yard run with 2:41 left in the third to increase the Laney lead to 37-7.
The Eagles grabbed a 16-7 halftime lead with two scores in the second quarter. Cobbs threw a 33-yard touchdown pass to Aaron George with 5:23 left in the period and Edgar Pulido capped the scoring with a 36-yard field goal with 1:12 left.
Laney took a 6-0 lead in the first quarter when quarterback Adam Robinson threw a 40-yard TD pass to Xavier Milton with 10:10 left.
The Eagles play their final game at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11, at Sacramento. The Eagles remain in competition for the conference title.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Laney Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LANEY TOWER NEWS
RECENT LANEY TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care